Timeline for the Neighbourhood Plan process

Date    

Event

August 2017

Babergh and Mid Suffolk Joint Local Plan

8 November 2017

Public meeting convened by the Parish Council to discuss the local plan

3 September 2018

Information session held by the Parish Council at Village Hall to gather interest and volunteers for a Neighbourhood Plan group

4 September 2018

Parish Council formal decision to pursue Neighbourhood Plan and for formation of a steering group

13 September 2018

Formation of the steering group and first meeting

21 September 2018

Designation of neighbourhood area

29 October 2018

Meeting with representatives from Lawshall Neighbourhood Planning Group

7 November 2018

Steering Group meeting and introduction to Ian Poole, Place4People Planning Consultancy Ltd. Decision made to pursue ‘allocation of sites’ route.

22 November 2018

Fee quote/proposal received from Places4People Planning Consultancy Ltd

December 2018

Update in InTouch magazine

12 December 2018

Steering group meeting

7 January 2019

Fee quote/proposal received from Alison Farmer for a landscape character assessment

8 January 2019

Funding application submitted

22 January 2019

Steering group meeting

28 January 2019

Verbal approval for funding

1 February 2019

Formal notification of funding

6 February 2019

Site Options and Assessment Technical Support approved, Jo Beech, AECOM

12 February 2019

Steering Group Meeting

19 February 2019

Steering group process planning meeting with Places4People (Ian Poole)

20 February 2019

Conference call with Jo Beech re Site Options and Assessment

13 March 2019

Housing Needs Assessment Technical Support approved, Ivan Tennant, AECOM

25 March 2019

Steering Group Meeting

2 April 2019

Design, including Design Codes Technical Support approved, Ben Castell, AECOM

10 April 2019

Full day site visit from AECOM for Site Assessment

16 April 2019

Questionnaire sent for printing

18 April 2019

Questionnaire returned from printer

18 April 2019

Conference call with Akwesi Osei from AECOM, re Housing Needs Assessment Technical Support

19 - 22 April 2019

Distribute questionnaire to each household in Copdock and Washbrook

23 April 2019

Steering Group Meeting, Alison Farmer attending, Simon’s house

27 April 2019

10.00am – 12 noon, Village Hall, drop in to support residents to complete the questionnaire

5 May 2019

Closing date for online questionnaire

All questionnaires to be returned

14 May 2019

7.15pm, Steering Group Meeting

16 May 2019

5.30pm, site visit from AECOM re Design Codes Technical Support

3 June 2019

Steering Group Meeting, 7.00pm, Church Room.  Ian and Alison attending, Church room booked

20 June 2019

Steering Group Meeting, 7.15pm to 9.30pm, Ian Poole attending Church Room booked

24 June 2019

Babergh publish their draft plan

29 June 2019

Village Consultation, celebration event, 11.00am – 3.00pm Copdock Primary School

16 July 2019

Steering Group Meeting, 7.15pm to 9.30pm, Village Hall lounge

6 August 2019

Steering Group Meeting, 7.00pm, Mike’s house

8 August 2019

BABERGH AND MID SUFFOLK JOINT LOCAL PLAN CONSULTATION (July 2019) (Venue: Copdock & Washbrook Village Hall)

20 August 2019

Steering Group Meeting, 7.15pm to 9.30pm, Village Hall lounge (Ian attending)

17 September 2019

Steering Group Meeting, 7.15pm to 9.30pm, Village Hall lounge

21 September 2019

Village Consultation, celebration event, Copdock Primary School

23 September 2019

Steering Group Meeting. Purpose of meeting solely to submit NP response to Babergh.

16 October 2019

Steering Group Meeting, 7.15pm to 9.30pm, Village Hall lounge

24 October 2019

Review of the Design Codes and Masterplan for site LA008, 7.00pm Church Room

4 November 2019

Meeting with Highways Consultant – Church Room @16.00

19 November 2019

Steering Group Meeting, 7.15pm to 9.30pm, Village Hall lounge

12 December 2019

Christmas party

17 December 2019

Steering Group Meeting, 7.15pm to 9.30pm, Village Hall lounge

19 December 2019

Write the Plan including the site allocations and site layouts

24 December 2019

Ian Poole to circulate draft completed NP to Laura Butters for circulation to NP group.

3 January 2020

7.15pm, NP group meet to agree changes to NP and return to Ian Poole. Meeting location to be confirmed.

8 January 2020

7.15pm, NP group meet with Ian Poole to consolidate responses. Meeting location to be confirmed.

18 January 2020

Pre-Submission by Parish Council for minimum 6 weeks.  January PC meeting and start consultation

21 January 2020

Cancelled - Steering Group Meeting, 7.15pm to 9.30pm, Village Hall lounge

4 February 2020

Parish Council asked to adopt the NP formally at meeting.

11 February 2020

Cancelled - NP group meeting. Meeting location to be confirmed.

18 February 2020

Steering Group Meeting, 7.15pm to 9.30pm, Village Hall lounge

29 February 2020

11.00am – 3.00pm NP consultation event at primary school

6-week consultation with residents and specified consultees. (Consultation ends 11/4/20)

29/2/20 – 21/4/20 NP group to add any written comments received for the consultation onto online version.

17 March 2020

Cancelled - Steering Group Meeting, 7.15pm to 9.30pm, Village Hall lounge

11 April 2020

Consultation end date.  Each individual comment received must be responded to.

21 April 2020

Cancelled (Coronavirus lock-down) - 1.00 to 4.00pm, NP group meeting with Ian Poole to review consultations comments received from residents.

22 April 2020

 Steering Group Meeting (Virtual Meeting) 7.30pm

5 May 2020

NP is formally signed off by the Parish Council and submitted for adoption.

19 May 2020

Steering Group Meeting (Virtual Meeting) 7.30pm

TBA June 2020

Village Plan Referendum